Alright so I’m 21 now or something. This is supposed to be the prime of my life, right? I did have a great birthday, though. I received the package on the 9th as the Postal Service notified. I am really grateful for those things that you sent me (including the meal calendar things I guess – although I’m not sure how often I’ll get up the motivation to use it). This week just seemed kind of typical, so instead of writing a lot I’ll address certain answers to your email and points of this week in bullet-form:
Wow it sounds like Dallin’s the big man on campus at Chestermere High School playing the Last Post and everything. Is he the star of all the musicals now too?
For some reason Remembrance Day is super huge in Canada, but when you come to the US and they celebrate “Veterans Day” on the same date, it’s treated very lightly and just as any other pointless holiday. It’s rather sad. I have great memories of attending those Remembrance Day Assemblies in both school and war museums.
I guess Dad never got to live out his dream and buy the lot next door to build a giant-super-mega lake house on, spanning both properties. Why don’t we just tear down that hot tub once and for all? Wait, maybe we don’t want to see what’s all living under there…
Transfers are tomorrow and I’m not getting transferred (surprise, surprise). Though my Zone Leaders did pull a fast one on me, calling me Saturday night to inform me that I was being transferred to Cranberry and had to have everything packed by the next day, the walk area in Hershey was being dissolved, and three new areas were being formed in Lebanon of which I had to go and scout new apartments. I was super overwhelmed until they notified me that it was all a joke and that everything was staying the same. For some reason I thought missionary hazing for new district leaders was discouraged.
But for real, I’m really excited to start this new transfer. It will likely be my last in Hershey once I’m finished training Elder Sp---. A fresh start is always accompanied by new beginnings.
So in commemoration of this November 14th, commit to be better and “look not behind thee.”Or else… Genesis 19:26
Elder Low
No comments:
Post a Comment