This week was a dedicated to preparation for the baptism of the other Hershey Elders’ investigator. She was a golden referral from one of the members in the ward. Her baptism was probably the best one I’ve ever been to. She’s formed such a great relationship with the ward. We Elders actually performed 4 musical numbers during the service. Elder Spohn and I also have a baptism coming up this Saturday with the part-member family we’re working with. It’s been quite the struggle to find interested people to invite into the waters of baptism but the Lord has blessed us immensely.
I’m assuming that the Christmas call will be handled the same way it was on Mother’s Day – we just used our cell phone and called our home. I’ll let you know if anything changes. We are allowed to skype, but I would probably rather call unless you guys are super opposed to that.
The Zone Leader Council I attended was interesting. The other Zone Leaders said that it wasn’t a usual council. It felt more like a training meeting, but the thing is that they didn’t really train us on anything that was really new. Though I enjoyed it all the same. The men that were from Salt Lake were Brother Hill and Brother Woodruff (I have no idea what their first names were). Though they didn’t do much training themselves, it was cool to hear their feedback. Brother Hill is in charge of finances in the Mission Dept. and Brother Woodruff assists the Quorum of the Twelve when they are calling missionaries. His testimony of how all of our callings are divinely conceived was amazing.
Who was all in the Chestermere Band? Surely not all of the youth in our ward play instruments, so did it really unify all of the youth? I feel like the youth who don’t play any instruments might have felt left out. Were there any?
The Hershey Ward Christmas Party is on Saturday and it should be really fun. Hershey’s really good for feeding the missionaries. There’s a dinner planned pretty much every day (is our ward like that?). We do have dinner for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I’m excited for the package. I recently discovered an LDS artist named Mindy Gledhill. I have her CD “The Sum of All Fears” but I was wondering, if you are able, if you could send me any other CDs of hers. I know she has a new one out called “Anchor.” Other than that, you can ship that baby out as soon as you want.
I’ve included some photos from Zone Leader Council in Pittsburgh and the Baptism.
I hope you are all well. I also pray for you ever day.
Love,
Elder Low
No comments:
Post a Comment