Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission

Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission
Pittsburgh

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday August 8th, 2011

I really loved your letter this week Mom, it really told a lot about what you guys did and was really interesting to read. So I'm just going to randomly address some things in your letter as I peruse through it.


- My grad suit is still holding I guess. The pants aren't doing too well but I only wear my suits when I'm going to meetings or Church. All the rest of the time I just wear the washable slacks I brought. I reeeeeeeally wish I had bought more of those.

-I have no idea what's going on with Derek or any of my other Calgary friends. For some reason they all stopped writing. :( I think I might send a letter to the Primary Children while Derek is still the Chorister there. So expect that soon.

- I have THE BEST song in mind for a farewell. Or a homecoming or whatever. "Homeward Bound" is a wonderful song (I think) about missionary work. I would encourage you to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version of it.

- Wow, just imagine if they had never ACTUALLY recovered the dead guy's body from Chestermere Lake. I WOULD TOTALLY NEVER GO IN IT AGAIN.

-Anyways this week has been ok I guess. It was ironic in that I wished and prayed and fasted for new investigators and they keep dropping us left and right for some reason. But we did finally get a new investigator yesterday. I don't know, it's being hard right now for some reason. I'm starting to feel like I've done everything I can in Bedford and I won't be disappointed if I'm transferred in two weeks.

I'm not sure if you guys care if I share a spiritual thought or not. Sometimes I feel like I'm preparing a talk when I write these letters, which is kind of dumb. But I was pondering the Atonement a lot yesterday and this morning. And for some reason, my mind's been dwelling a lot on the unjust trial of Jesus with Pilate. The very people Jesus served were chanting to crucify Him and they even insisted on releasing a "notable" prisoner named Barabbas in the stead of releasing the Savior unto them. Despite how unfair and ludicrous this trial was, we go through it every day. We are the robbers. We are the insurrectionists. We are the prisoners. We are the guilty ones. And yet Jesus Christ was still led to the slaughter as we go free unscathed. Seems almost unfair how scott-free we get off compared to how much suffering Jesus went through on our behalfs on the condition that we properly utilize the power of the Atonement. That trial is a reoccurring parable that represents how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. In fact "Barabbas" literally means "son of the father," of which we all are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. But because God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son for us, they're willing to overlook our imperfections, assuming we have faith unto repentance, and usher all of us Barabbas's into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Elder Low

P.S. Wow, the missionaries in your ward must be on fire! Who were the 5 investigators in your Sunday School class?
P.P.S. Hooray! Looks like this week will finally be a nice week as far as weather is concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment