Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission

Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission
Pittsburgh

Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday August 15th, 2011

We actually had a baptism on Saturday for the daughter of a less-active man we've been teaching a while. Although she was a very shy 13-year-old in our lessons, I think she's really come a long way. Kacie's baptismal service on Saturday went pretty well and after she was confirmed yesterday I saw her smile to herself for a very long consecutive time, which was unusual for her. But since then I really have to wonder, what now? During the refreshments period following the baptism, our branch mission leader asked us half-jokingly, "who's next?" Honestly I'm not sure. Our investigators are surely dwindling more than they're being gathered and it's hard to accept this way of life, living day to day not knowing who will progress and who will drop us.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just becoming baptism-hungry. Maybe I'm not focusing on the people enough. Well, maybe I'll be transferred next week.

We actually just had a Zone Conference and it was very refreshing. I have in fact met my Mission President personally many times. I don't know what his deal is with communicating with our families but I know he is a busy man. He did take pictures with us each individually and for some reason I thought he was going to send them to our families, but I guess he didn't. :|

Anyways, I hope everything is going well at home. I miss and love you guys a lot. Have a great week.

Elder Low

P.S. Woohoo! I can now check "be quoted by someone in a talk or a speech" off of my bucket list. Thanks for telling me about using that analogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment