This week marks the last week of the transfer and once again those stressful and changing times roll in. We just found out that my companion Elder Neilson will be getting released and transferred to Slippery Rock (a college town just north of Pittsburgh). Not only that, but he will be doubling into a white washed area and training. He’s really nervous but I know he’ll do great. Elder Neilson and I have had some great times this transfer. He’s definitely been my most entertaining companion and has helped me see the fun in missionary work. However hard Altoona was this transfer, I think that Elder Neilson was specifically assigned by the Lord to be my companion during this stressful time. Elder Neilson has been everything that I’ve needed to console myself and keep me smiling when skies were grey. It’ll be hard to see him go, but I do have hope for the future. My new companion will be Elder Kovacs, a big loveable guy from Provo, Utah who just finished serving as a Zone Leader in Pittsburgh with one of my previous companions, Elder Brutinel. I’m very excited for him to come to Toon Town and add his unique flavor to the work. I hope that we’ll see a lot more success this next transfer.
I think that I could probably do well to never drive again for a while. This past week has been nothing but driving. Last Wednesday we attended the District Meeting of the Brookville District in Philipsburg and then right after driving even more north to the boonie area of Ridgway where we undertook a blitz of the Elders’ area. It’s amazing how big our Zone is; far greater in size than any of the other Zones, the Altoona Zone stretches from the Maryland border on the South to almost the New York border on the North. After our exchange in Ridgway, we drove straight back down to Altoona and then due east to our own District Meeting in Huntingdon. Then that evening we traveled to Pittsburgh for Zone Leader Council. I’ll be pleased if I never see the inside of our truck ever again.
Anyways, that’s really been my week. I’m excited to hear back from you all! It sounds like everyone’s doing well back in the motherland.
Love,
Elder Low
P.S. Here are some random pictures that I've taken with Elder Neilson the past transfer.
No comments:
Post a Comment