Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission

Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Mission
Pittsburgh

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tuesday September 6th, 2011



As you probably guessed the libraries were closed yesterday. I hope you guys didn’t miss me too much! So happy day after Labour Day! Actually, more like crappy day after Labour Day.
It’s terribly cold and rainy here and apparently from the forecast you sent me, it’ll continue as so for the next couple of days. Reminds me a little of last summer working for the Town. I’ve found that rain is the Devil’s tool to hinder missionary work, and because we still don’t have any real investigators yet, tracting is becoming a frequent activity throughout our days. Although tracting in the rain is miserable and nobody ever wants to do it, I’ve heard a rumour around the mission that the more hours you tract in the rain, the prettier your wife will be.
Driving is becoming the bane of my existence. If I had my way, I wouldn’t care one way or the other if I wasn’t allowed to drive in the mission. I’ve never liked driving, it just makes me anxious. Apparently Elder Jex (the Fleet Coordinator) sent me the form that I need to fill out and subsequently send to you about a week ago but it’s still not here. So we’ll see maybe in the coming week.
This past week has been weird. I don’t think I’ve ever worked in an area where I didn’t know the reason I was there, until now. I made it a goal before I even knew where I was being transferred to find that reason I was in the place I was. God has a plan for me… so… what is it? The people are stubborn here and the areas we tract seemed to have been attacked by missionaries over and over. However discouragement, I’ve realized, is not the answer. It never is. Discouragement is the opposite of optimism. Doubt is the opposite of hope. Fear is the opposite of faith. Without those characteristics, I would be doomed in this area to come and go and accomplish nothing. Every thousand mile journey begins with a single step. So watch your step.
We recently found a lady from Beijing tracting on a street where EVERYONE was MEAN to me. We were very frustrated and were tempted to just go home because one of my companions wasn’t feeling all too well, but we knocked on one of the last doors to find this lady. She said she had a Mormon friend before and although she would soon be leaving for China again soon, she really wanted to work on her faith and come out to Church. Right after we said a prayer with her, she said her own prayer, thanking God in her own tongue for sending “these two boys” to her.
“Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.” I know God has a hand in all things. We need not ever fear. Trust in Him, and in good things to come.
Elder Low

No comments:

Post a Comment