It's been a different kind of week here in Erie, Zone Leader responsibilities once again took precedence over proselyting a lot for some reason,but I've been able to appreciate the little things a lot more. Like sitting out on our balcony and watching the thunderstorm Heavenly Father provided for us, it was one of the most peaceful evenings I had ever had. We sat there, miraculously dry from the lack of the rain, sucking on freezies and listening to instrumental hymns. Can't get much better than that.
Guy and Liam O'Brien, a father and a son that have practically been eternal investigators have made significant progress this week as we officially challenged them to take all the discussions in preparation for baptism. They accepted and Guy's good friend Margey has decided to take them as well. She's been reading the Book of Mormon recently and has a fascination with President Uchtdorf. They all came to church on Sunday and even though it was a nail-biting fast and testimony meeting, I think they all liked it. We have another appointment with them tonight so we'll see what happens.
I was also able to participate in the finding of a very solid investigator that the Harborcreek Elders have. The first week of the transfer, I went on exchange with them and we made a goal to talk with absolutely everyone. This is a difficult task for me because of my natural tendency to be introverted. But one of the first people I talked to said that they could go back sometime soon. Miraculously, when the Elders called her a couple days later, she invited them over and told her how just before she had talked to us, she was talking to her daughter about church. Her daughter was insisting that they go to one and that the true Church would come and find them. And when it did, she said that they would “roll with it.” They all have a baptismal date for the end of the month. Miracles are happening everyday. The hand of the Lord guides us in such a way that we are able to bring the blessings of the gospel to all.
Elder Low
No comments:
Post a Comment